Preparation time approximately 40 minutes
|6||skinned and boned chicken breasts or chicken pieces|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|450g||fresh mushrooms, chopped|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|½ cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh sage|
|½ cup||sliced toasted almonds|
- Pop your oven onto 180oC. Place a tablespoon of butter into a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the chicken, turning each piece until golden brown.
- Quickly fry the chopped onion in 2 Tablespoons of butter, and then add the mushrooms. Cook until soft and tender.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan on medium heat, then quickly whisk in the flour until well mixed with the butter. Slowly add the chicken broth/stock, and bring it to the boil. Remember to whisk the whole time, until it is slightly thickened, then remove from heat.
- To this mixture add in the parmesan, parsley, sage, salt and pepper, as well as the onion mixture.
- Place your chicken pieces in a 30cm baking dish and pour over the mixture.
- Bake this for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh sage. Serve with long-grain and wild rice mix